Prior to my 4 year medical degree, I completed pre-medical studies and a degree in Psychology at the University of Regina in Saskatchewan. Combining my love of medicine, psychology, and nature I was driven to a career in Naturopathic Medicine.
I made the Kootenays my home in 2016, and I now provide Naturopathic care to the residents of Rossland, Trail, Castlegar, Fruitvale, & beyond.
Time and time again, I have seen common medical conditions resolve with simple diet and lifestyle changes and the aid of herbal and vitamin supplements. I truly believe in the body’s innate desire to heal. Every patient is unique and as such deserves a specific, customized program of treatment.
In addition to this, I have had the opportunity to learn more about specific conditions and populations while working at the clinics below:
- 1 year internship at Positive Living BC in Vancouver, BC working with patients with HIV.
- 4 month internship at the Family Naturopathic Clinic in Victoria, BC working with patients from low income families and pre and post natal care.
- 10 day global health intensive in Nicaragua at the Naturopathic Doctors International Clinic performing physical exams and taking courses in global health.
- Pharmaceutical prescription rights
- IV & chelation therapy
- Advanced cardiac life support
I believe the key to health and happiness is balance and I will help you get to a place where you can still enjoy the simple pleasures of life without compromising your health. I am excited to offer you a more natural approach and work with you on your journey to optimal health!
Learn more about our naturopathic treatments and make an appointment today.
During this time, I have also been busy working on completing my master’s in counselling psychology. I now look forward to serving Rossland, Trail, Castlegar, Fruitvale, and the greater Kootenay area as a counsellor.
A little bit about me. I’m originally from Saskatchewan but I now call Rossland home. On my journey to becoming a counsellor, I acquired expertise through experiences that sharpened my ability to understand, listen, and empathize with others.
• Completing an undergraduate degree in psychology,
• Working as a research assistant,
• Volunteering with underserved youth,
• Working on a crisis line,
• Working as a support worker (integrating adults with autism into their
community in Trail, BC)
• Graduating with a master’s degree in clinical counselling from the
Univeristy of Lethbridge.
I completed my practicum at Child and Youth Mental Health services (CYMH) under the guidance and supervision of Sean Larsen. It was under Sean’s expert guidance that I found my clinical focus. I have always loved working with children and youth, but my time at CYMH exposed me to the benefit that I could bring to youth with mental health concerns.
Why see a counsellor?
Counsellors use applied psychology to address your problems. We help clients by developing connection and understanding. My goal is not to provide answers, as a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist might, but to listen to you and support you in finding your own solutions.
I am passionate about helping clients address:
• Suicidal thoughts and actions,
• Substance use and addictions,
• Career planning,
• Relationship issues (couples counselling is not provided at this time),
• Interpersonal and family issues,
• Existential crisis,
• Gender identity and formation,
• Grief and loss,
• Abuse and trauma.
I am a client-centered practitioner which means my goal is to build a collaborative relationship with you. Within this relationship we will choose from multiple approaches that suite your issues and resonate with you. More information about my treatment approaches is available here or if you feel like booking an appointment you can do so here.
If you would like to book an appointment you can do so here
You can find more information on my website at kootenaycounselling.ca
If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com
Gabriel Roy-Wright BA, MC